I went to an amazing eatery that was literally hidden away (took a good 5 minutes to find the door) in Smyrna last Friday called Local Three. We were greeted with the most fabulous Big Labowski painting upon entering the restaurant. Immediately my coworker and I started scheming on ways to get the painting out of the building undetected. Since I figured our plan would be foiled by alcohol and full tummies, I grabbed a snapshot of the magnificence.
Inspired by the fabulous dinner I had there, I decided to make an avocado chimmichuri for our steaks tonight. It came out a beautiful green color, and was very close to the one I had at the restaurant. Recipe as follows:
- 4 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1.5 bunch fresh curly parsley
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar salt (or kosher salt)
- throw all ingredients (except evoo) into blender
- pulse blend and add evoo until you get desired consistency
- taste and add any additional salt or vinegar as desired
- seed and cut avocado into chunks
- mix avocado into sauce and put on a steak!